Friday, October 3, 2014

Letter Project Reflection


1. Before actually start to design my letter, I start to brainstorm my letter through a web chart. I choose letter Q because it the first letter of my name and starts to associate ideas, environment, activity, animals and memories that associate with my letter. Then, I finally came to the conclusion of choosing a peaceful environment as my concept. This process was helpful because brainstorming my idea actually helps to developed my idea. Then I start sketching 20 thumbnails of my design and choose my first design as my draft which turn out to be final. Since I want to create a peaceful environment, I thought it will a good idea to draw a tree and incorporate the tree to my Q. Then I realize it will look more peaceful to create a cherry blossom tree. Due to the fact that I like panda, so incorporate panda into my design.My other design was a bear. After having my drafts,  I ask my classmate for opinions and discuss what can it be improved. This process helps me gain suggestions from other people and make my design better. Finally, it helps me to choose my final design.


2. My concept for my letter is a quiet environment with no distraction. So, I decide to separates my letter into two part, one with a big leave and other includes my tree. Then I thought about adding animals to my letter and I choose panda. I decide to add three panda, one sleeping on the leaf, once climbing the tree and under just sitting under the tree. I add panda because it will make more like a nature environment and associate with my interest which is I love panda, At first, the tree only have leafs but I ended drawing flowers/blossom to create a more lovely and peaceful. After, I start to add flowers to the ground which turns out to be pinkish ground. I also draw flowers that are flowing around. All those helps to developed my concept of a nature environment. After sketching all the parts, I choose color pencil and use a lot of warm and light colors such as light green, different kinds of pink and red into my letter. The colors I choose help to form a peaceful and warm environment. It also make you feel relax and calm. This makes me want to sleep under the tree and feel connected to nature as well as wanted to go picnic with my family and friends near the cherry blossom. It seems to be a place that I wanted to live. 

3. I think the most challenge aspect of the project is how to create a peaceful environment and make the letter I wanted to be because there many ways that you can incorporate your letter with nature. Also, I was a little struggle about what kind of materials should I use because there was no time for me to experiment with different material which was very sad.

4. I am very satisfied with my project because it come out the way I wanted be. Looking at my design, I feel my letter is very warm and cute. I very like the idea of having different position of my panda because I love panda. I feel like the letter very represent me and reminds of what I like and the type of environment that I wanted to be in.

5. If I can change anything about my design, something I will do differently is using pencil watercolor and have the time to experiment different type of materials. I also wanted to use different color such as blue and darker color and see what kind of change it will make. Also, by using darker color to make my tree stand out more. In addition, I want to use sunset or the sky as my background to see if it will look better. Finally, I wanted to be more detail with my panda and make it more realistic as well as adding other animals like bird to my design.



10 comments:

  1. Your project piece can definitely convey a type of peace. It reminds me of a warm afternoon on a yard with no one on it. However, I can see that using watercolor color pencils can change your piece for the better because it can provide a smooth gradation of colors which will look very great with your concept.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The drawing is very detailed using color to highlight the branches into 3-D form. The way you use the colors such as the light green and pink makes the drawing look lovely and soft giving the audience a smooth clam feeling. Looking at your final piece I can definitely sense that you love pandas just like I do. Your drawing makes me think of a asian culture painting. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "This makes me want to sleep under the tree and feel connected to nature as well as wanted to go picnic with my family and friends near the cherry blossom" (YOU) I think this very true. I really like how calm and peaceful your drawing is. The colors are really nice and the pandas look very chill.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the way you colored your piece- the gradation of the pink and green looks good! What made you choose to have a cherry blossom tree instead of bamboo? And your pandas are so cute!! :3

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like these pandas, they looks cute and have lots of detail on them. Also its really creative to relate the panda and tree to the letter Q.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! And I agree that experimenting with different types of materials!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your design and I think that it's VERY cute~ but it made me wonder why your chose too make part of the Q the leaf and not just continue with the rest of it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoy looking at the extraordinary detail in your project. And I know this brings out your interests in pandas and art because one pandas are really cute and two your art is amazing. I also love the shadings with color pencils. If you were to do this same exact project again, would you experiment and use water color?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your pandas in your art. It is really cute and shows me your love for pandas. I also like the peach color as the background which gives it a soft feel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I admired this piece of artwork more than the others because I did not expect anyone to do a Q. I thought it was nearly impossible to make something out of that letter and it inspired me to see that you accomplished such a difficult task. I enjoyed this piece very much and the panda makes it feel like a very warm kind of art. If you could do another letter too represent your idea which would it be and why?

    ReplyDelete