Thursday, October 2, 2014

Inspiration/Interests




My major interest is AMIGURUMI, in Japanese, it refers to knitted or crocheted stuffed dolls. Well, making amigurumi requires practice and patience. I was exposed to amigurumi last year and I totally fall in love right after seeing different kind of crochet animals that are being created and they are totally adorable. I was amazed by it and wonder how those cuties are created. So, the next few days, I started buying the materials and search tutorial videos and blogs that teach me the basic of amigurumi and how to read the patterns including the abbreviation for stitches and direction. Also, amigurumi also required the skill of sewing the all the body parts together which is the most difficult steps to me.

Mei Li Lee, is one of the blogger I love and her first amigurumi book just published few weeks ago. It called "Hello Kitty Crochet" that contains super-cute amigurumi patterns for Sanrio friends.. In the book, pandapple is my favorite pattern because I love pandas!!!!!!! I guess what inspired me the most was it that it helps to developed my patience and how cute those amigurumi are. The book also remind me of my childhood (memories) and the cartoons movie I watched when I was young.

My Pandapple!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment